Featured post

Save Me Now Introduction

In December 2020, Paul McCartney released his McCartney 3 album. This was a collection of songs he created during lockdown with him writing ...

Tuesday 20 February 2024

The Man With the Camera

There’s a song by Paul McCartney and Wings on their London Town album called ‘I’m Carrying’ which is such a simple song and McCartney plays a very simple arpeggio in E major on the 12th Fret. One day I picked a guitar up to play it but by mistake, I started in the 13th fret, which put it in the key of A minor. I continued to play the song in this position and it sounded so interesting that I decided to keep it.

 

The lyrics came really quickly and I don’t think its any secret that it is about how smart phones and speakers are always listening so that they can build their AI algorithms in order to profile and manipulate us in some way. 

 

I wanted to arrange the song so that each verse was different to the last, so had lots of fun layering up sounds and atmosphere.

 

For the end section, Matt suggested we have a musical fade out section similar to the end of ‘The Day Before You Came’ by ABBA.

 

See if you can spot a brief snippet of the theme tune from a popular British Science Fiction series near the end…..


Spotify

Apple

YouTube Music

BandCamp





No comments:

Post a Comment