Featured post

Save Me Now Introduction

In December 2020, Paul McCartney released his McCartney 3 album. This was a collection of songs he created during lockdown with him writing ...

Friday 12 July 2024

She Said

 

Sometimes a song writes itself and this is very much the case here. I remember picking up an acoustic guitar and strumming the chord sequence and actually making up the first verse in one take. That was it. It was like the first verse already existed.

It felt very ‘Britpop’, so when it came to the arrangement, the drums followed a familiar pattern which was matched by the rhythm guitars and bass. The piano filled in the gaps and as Matt always says ‘you can never have too many backing vocals’ so I layered them up a plenty!!

It was clear to me that with the right direction, this could be a crowd pleaser if I ever got to play it live, so that was very much in my mind as I finished the song both lyrically and in the arrangement.

I played it to my good friend Steve, and he said that if this had been released in the mid 90’s, then we’d have been playing it on the main stage at Glastonbury!

I remember writing this with a smile on my face and doing my best to make it as ‘feel good’ as possible.





No comments:

Post a Comment